Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Labyrinth of the Sand People.

One of the things I love about living near the beach is that sometimes you still see some "funky" stuff despite the commercialization that is now Southern California. It's nice to know that North County still seems to have a bit of that "funk" especially in Leucadia.

On the occasional low tide afternoons through out the year and particularly as we enter the vernal equinox I'll see the sand people creating their "sand art". Not sandcastles mind you but very cool and intricate designs in the sand.



It turns out this particular "labyrinth" is designed to bring peace and tranquility to those enjoying it. It was also built in celebration of one of the sand people's birthdays. The results were funky crystals, the beat of drums, and dancing through the labyrinth.







Good to see people going to the beat of their own drum still, Keep it funky Leucadia!



(sorry for the poor photo quality, I took these with my iphone since I didn't have my camera with me...)

No comments: